Posted January 25, 2024
Position: Graduate education jobs
Key Stage: EYFS through to KS5 (4 to 18 years of age)
Start date: ASAP
Pay: £75 – £120 per day
We are looking for enthusiastic, confident graduates to work with schools. Working as a cover supervisor or SEND teaching assistant is a rewarding career for anyone who enjoys working with children and young people. It is also valuable experience for those looking to enter the teaching profession in the future.
As an SEND teaching assistant (TA), you will be working in schools to provide assistance, often working on a 1 to 1 basis with children helping them to develop academically, socially and emotionally. As a cover supervisor or higher-level teaching assistant (HLTA) you would be responsible to manage classroom behaviour whilst ensuring pupils remain on task, completing the work that has been set. If you hold a degree it may be possible to teach your subject as an unqualified teacher, speak to the team for tailored advice and support.
- Degree or strong background in core subjects such a math, English and science
- Classroom experience or training is an advantage but not essential
- Be able to communicate effectively with pupils and other staff members
- Will be able to create an exciting and safe learning environment
- Will adhere to professional education guidelines
- Be committed to the school’s objectives and their ethos by following school policies such as behaviour
- Must be reliable and responsible with good time management skills
- Competitive rates of pay
- Career progression
- Valuable experience within the education profession useful for aspiring teachers
- Flexible working pattern
- Free training provided with one to one support and advice
- Weekly pay
If you are interested in this position or any other roles, we currently have available, please click to apply below.
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held, we will require you to complete a new DBS application. Suitable candidates must hold right to work in the UK.