A hard-earned reputation for quality
Since 2007 we’ve helped primary and secondary schools in Essex, East London and Suffolk to hire teachers, cover supervisors, SEND specialists, teaching assistants and other support staff for permanent, contract and daily supply roles.
Renowned for exceptional compliance standards and consistent reliability within our dedicated locations, we’re a niche recruiter that always delivers.
Why Athona Education?
Some of the key benefits of working with us include:
- Our experience. You’re in safe hands with over 100 years’ of experience across the team
- Our exceptional safeguarding and compliance standards. Our accreditations include having REC Audited Education status since 2015 – and in our 2021 diagnostic test, we scored 100% against an industry average of just 87%
- Our candidate networks. In the locations in which we operate, we’re the go-to recruiter and have built relationships with education professionals of every kind
- Our reputation. Most of the clients we support have been with us for many years, as have many of our candidates
- Our transparent pricing. Before working with us, we set out clear and transparent rates to give you clarity and peace of mind
You’ll also benefit from your own, dedicated consultant who will work on your assignment from start to finish. We’re also available for out of office hours when needed.
Our compliance checks
When it comes compliance and how we vet our candidates, we follow REC Education compliance checks, meaning our service includes:
- Completing a current DBS check and if required, an international police check
- Securing proof of a QTS number (for teachers)
- Providing identity and proof of Right to Work within the UK
- Gaining at least two professional references
- And ultimately providing you with an up-to-date CV
- To view our compliance procedure click here