Posted March 1, 2023
Position: Drama Teacher
Key Stage: 3 and 4
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Start date: 17/04/2023
Pay: £130 – £225 per day (dependant on experience)
About the school:
Rated good by Ofsted, this school has a strong senior leadership team as well as dedicated teaching staff providing a high standard of education while the pastoral team, mentors and tutors ensure that the students are supported, cared for and treated as individuals and can achieve their maximum potential.
Working closely with parents, the school expects good behaviour which creates a respectful and positive environment where students work together and develop into confident members of the community.
Benefiting from a central location this school has good transport links and staff parking.
We are looking for a Drama Teacher who can teach key stage 3 and key stage 4, an up to date knowledge of the UK curriculum is essential. NQT’s / ECT’s will be considered for this role. This role will be to cover a permanent member of staff going on maternity leave after the February half term.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Qualifications – Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Effectively teach the 3 and 4 key stage Drama curriculum to the highest standards.
- Assess and mark pupils work, monitoring progression levels.
- Deliver fun and engaging lessons that also challenge and develop learning.
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and other staff members.
- Be committed to the schools objectives and teach in line with their ethos.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Career progression
- Excellent facilities
If you are interested in this position or any other roles we currently have available, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01277 245840 or email using the apply button.
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held we will require you to complete a new DBS application.