Posted August 21, 2023
Position: Theology Teacher
Key Stage: 3,4,5
Location: East London, Essex
Start date: September 2023
Pay: Pay to scale
About the school:
This school is graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. They invest and genuinely developing their staff. This oversubscribed supportive school have a strong leadership team and excellent facilities.
A high level of behaviour is expected, and the strong and varied curriculum focussing on core subjects encourages the talents and interests of the students. There are also many extra-curricular activities available to enable students to reach their potential outside of the classroom.
We are looking for a Qualified Theology Teacher who can teach key stage 3 to 4 (key stage 5 teaching experience is desirable but not essential). There is room for progression within the department as it is currently expanding. An up to date knowledge of the UK curriculum is essential. NQTs will be considered for this role.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Qualifications – Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Effectively teach the UK curriculum to the highest standards.
- Assess and mark pupils work, monitoring progression levels.
- Deliver fun and engaging lessons that also challenge and develop learning.
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and other staff members.
- Be committed to the school’s objectives and teach in line with their ethos.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Career progression
- Excellent facilities
If you are interested in this position or any other roles, we currently have available, please click to apply below.
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held, we will require you to complete a new DBS application.