Posted September 5, 2023
Position: Science Teacher
Key Stage: 3,4,5
Location: Romford, Essex
Start date: ASAP ( 1 Term )
About the school:
This school is at the heart of the local community, offering an excellent education and facilities that are available to everyone. They want everyone involved with the school to feel that they are part of something inspirational; to be proud of the achievements of each individual pupil and of their collective successes. Their aim is to be recognised as a centre of excellence where learning is fun and high standards are achieved. All pupils are expected to work hard, to support each other, to behave politely and co-operatively and to maintain good records of attendance and punctuality. Their expectations are based upon traditional values and high expectations.
We are looking for a Science teacher who can teach key stage 3 to 4. An up to date knowledge of the UK curriculum is essential. NQTs/ECT’s will be considered for this role.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Qualifications – Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Effectively teach 3 and 4 key stage DT/ ART curricula to the highest standards.
- Assess and mark pupils work, monitoring progression levels.
- Deliver fun and engaging lessons that also challenge and develop learning.
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and other staff members.
- Be committed to the school’s objectives and teach in line with their ethos.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Career progression
- Excellent facilities
- ‘OFSTED grading Good’
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held, we will require you to complete a new DBS application.