Posted September 14, 2023
Job title – Humanities Teacher
Start date: ASAP
Pay: Paid to scale
About the school:
Rated good by Ofsted this is Suffolk secondary school has a strong leadership team and fully dedicated, supportive staff creating a stimulating and positive learning environment. The curriculum is broad and balanced and regularly refined to meet the needs of the students.
The school has fantastic facilities that benefit the school and the local community and have lots of extra-curricular activities to offer. The pastoral team ensure full support to the pupils from their key stage 3 transition until key stage 5.
We are looking for a Humanities Teacher who can teach key stage 3 to 4. An up to date knowledge of the UK curriculum is essential. NQTs/ECT’s will be considered for this role.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Qualifications – Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Effectively teach 3 and 4 key stage curricula to the highest standards.
- Assess and mark pupils work, monitoring progression levels.
- Deliver fun and engaging lessons that also challenge and develop learning.
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and other staff members.
- Be committed to the school’s objectives and teach in line with their ethos.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Career progression
- Excellent facilities
- ‘OFSTED grading Good’
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held, we will require you to complete a new DBS application.