Posted November 15, 2023
Position: History and Politics
Key Stage: 3,4,5
Location: Rainham, Essex
Start date: ASAP
We are looking for a qualified history and politics teacher who can teach key stages 3 to 4 (key stage 5 teaching experience is desirable but not essential). There is room for progression within the department as it is currently expanding. An up-to-date knowledge of the UK curriculum is essential. NQTs will be considered for this role.
About the school:
This is a large academy in Havering that boasts a caring environment that encourages children to believe in themselves to achieve the best of their ability. They have created a community feel within the school, so everyone has a sense of belonging, worth and purpose. They have a high level of behaviour standards and a strong pastoral care team. High standards of teaching are very important to them and nearly a quarter of their sixth form students are going on to attend top Russell Group universities.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Qualifications – Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Effectively teach the UK curriculum to the highest standards.
- Assess and mark pupils’ work, monitoring progression levels.
- Deliver fun and engaging lessons that also challenge and develop learning.
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and other staff members.
- Be committed to the school’s objectives and teach in line with their ethos.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Career progression
- Excellent facilities
If you are interested in this position or any other roles, we currently have available, please click to apply below.
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held, we will require you to complete a new DBS application.